Friday, May 13, 2011

Maybe the story of original sin wasn't that far off.


Ok well my last post fucking vanished. So I guess I will have to start backing them up.

I know that not all Christians believe the same stuff. So if your Christian and this post doesn’t accurately describe you please don’t get upset I’m can’t talk about everyone individually.

Anywho. I saw a hilarious article about how Florida outlawed sex trying to outlaw bestiality. Because we are all just animals. Not a sexy though but when you masturbate your jerking off an animal.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/11/floridas-bestiality-law_n_860836.html#s277665&title=Josh_Chambers

Then later I got to see the depressing story. Then I started thinking we aren’t animals more like monsters. I will post some excerpts so you don’t have to leave and read the whole depressing thing.
 [In "beading," a close family relative will approach a girl's parents with red Samburu beads and place the necklace around the girl's neck.
"Effectively he has booked her," says Kulea, a member of the Samburu herself. "It is like a (temporary) engagement, and he can then have sex with her." Girls are also "beaded" as an early marriage promise by non-relatives.
Some girls who are "beaded" are no more than 6 years old. They are the focus of Kulea's rescue mission, a trip to Isiolo she's been planning for weeks.
Samburu culture dictates that girls be engaged to a relative, she says, and they are allowed to have sex with him. But "they are not allowed to get pregnant and there is no preventative measures," she says. "At the end of the day, most girls get pregnant ... and these (infants) end up dying or being killed or being given away."]

I try not to judge because who knows what I would do if I was raised were that is normal. Or who they would have been if they were raised here. But it still makes me want to vomit. At least people are trying to change this.


http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/05/11/kenya.children.beading/index.html


Well this got me thinking of original sin. I don’t really know why but hang in here with me.
People are just animals. We do bad things. When we do bad things we can just do them on a much lager scale because we can plot and plan. It’s not like animals aren’t dicks. Pigs are usually considered smart as far as animals goes. But they are racist. If you put a smaller different colored pig in to a group they will kill it. They will kill their runt babies. Ever had chickens? I can see why they nick named penises cocks they can be real dicks. I can go on and on but it’s beside the point.
Original sin was said to be caused by Eve eating from the tree of knowledge. Which I can see. If you don’t know your doing something wrong it’s not really your fault. Wrong is learned and it differs from society to society. It seems like they were trying to say if you know better that’s what makes it a sin. I can buy that.
I don’t buy that woman are evil and that is why they ate from the tree of knowledge. People think a big part of why we are how we are today is that we got totally aware that we are going to die. It probably was a woman who figured this out. I doubt anyone is more aware of the fact that people die then a mother with a child in trouble. People figured out that we are going to die. They wanted to stop it -> science. They wanted a reason and comfort -> religion (before it was used for control).  They needed help with not dying, reason, and comfort -> society.
But I’m thinking child birth was more of a cause of “original sin” then a curse because of it.

 This got me thinking about the rapture stories. I’ve been worried about how people being smart has really been messing the world up lately. Global warming from machines and pollution. Poisons from the man made pesticides. GMO foods making livestock and people sterile. And everything causes cancer. For some reason a large group of religious fanatics that think science like pollution is bad and stem cell research is good is work of the devil. Then think the science that went into making the machines and pesticides are great. Don’t want to save trees (made by god), but think pumping everyone full of pharmaceuticals for giant profit is genius.  Your Un-American if you put the planet and people’s health above profit, so I’ve been told.
Ok so I guess I don’t know where I’m going with this. I’m a big fan of science and technology. I guess I’m just worried that the end of days is going to be a self fulfilling prophecy. They think woman are the cause of people’s suffering so war on women. People with different religions are going to hell so they are our enemy. That god is the one controlling every thing so they can ignore science and let science destroy the world.
C’est la vie I guess.

1 comment: